Song of the week-Jay Buchanan - True Black

 Song of the week-Jay Buchanan - True Black 


 Official Visualizer for Jay Buchanan's new single "True Black" from his upcoming album 'Weapons of Beauty,' out February 6, 2026

Pre-order / pre-save here: https://30tgrs.ffm.to/weaponsofbeauty

Video Credits: Filming and Editing by Matt Wignall

Song Credits: 

Written by Jay Buchanan

Vocals & Acoustic Guitar: Jay Buchanan
Guitar: JD Simo
 Bass- Brian Allen
Drums- Chris Powell
Pedal Steel- Leroy Powell
Keyboards - Phillip Towns

Produced by Dave Cobb
Recorded by Tom Tapley and Darrell Thorp
Recorded at Georgia Mae Studio, Savannah, GA 
Mixed by Jack Emblem
Mastered by Pete Lyman/ Infrasonic Mastering 
Acoustic and Electric Guitar - Dave Cobb
Production coordination - Andrew Brightman
Additional engineering - Ethan Barrette


Follow Jay Buchanan:
Instagram -  @jaythebirdthatsings  
Website - https://www.weaponsofbeauty.com

Lyrics:
As I walk side by side 
With the wicked and the righteous
I do wonder to which one of them 
I truly belong.
I have tread the narrow path
I have stumbled through the darkness.
And the right I’ve done by many
Is all for those that I’ve done wrong.
Paint my casket true black.And for all I might have cost you,
I hope to earn it back.
Shoo-rah, shoo-rah shoo-rah
Shoo-rye, shoo-rye shoo-rye
For all I may have cost you
I hope to make it right.
I have listened many a year
To the greatest ever known.
Speaking truth truer than
Any voices I have ever heard.
So child give me your ears
And between them I will sew
A crop of plenty that will fruit
With every stolen word.
Paint my casket true black.
And for all I may have taught you 
I know you’ve taught me back. 
shoo-rah, shoo-rah shoo-rah
Shoo-rye, shoo-rye shoo-rye
For all I may have cost you
I hope to make it right.
I have been deep into the cave
I have pulled out many a stone.
Common as John or shining bright
Mine to carry and mine to hold.
I have pulled out ragged people
That got too used being alone.
Shoulder to shoulder up to the light
And that’s where I found my gold.
Paint my casket true black
If you catch me too far from home
I hope you’ll bring me back. 
shoo-rah, shoo-rah shoo-rah
Shoo-rye, shoo-rye shoo-rye
For all I may have cost you
I hope to make it right.
As I walk side by side 
With the wicked and the righteous
I do wonder to which one of them 
I truly belong.
I have tread the narrow path
I have stumbled through the darkness.
And the right I’ve done by many
Is all for those that I’ve done wrong.
Paint my casket true black.And for all I might have cost you,
I hope to earn it back.
Shoo-rah, shoo-rah shoo-rah
Shoo-rye, shoo-rye shoo-rye
For all I may have cost you
I hope to make it right.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Προτάσεις για βιβλία και μουσικές,καλοκαίρι του 2026

 Οι προτάσεις ανάγνωσης  για το φετινό καλοκαίρι, άργησαν. Ίσως γιατί και εγώ από το Πάσχα και μετά διαβάζω απόμακρα και μηχανικά, για να ξε...